Saturday, March 29, 2014

It's Nice To Be Taken Care Of

I don't remember having strep throat a lot when I was a child, so why is it kicking my ass now as an adult? It seems that since I hit my 30's I get strep at least once a year and that once a year always seems to be in March. Hell, last March I had it twice. That's two times the fuckery if you ask me. So last week when Ryan was sick as hell with the flu and strep I knew my time was coming.

When I didn't catch it right away I started to get a little cocky thinking I had dodged it this time. I was giving strep my best Jesse Pinkman imitation thinking that I wasn't going to catch it.


">

But just like every time you get cocky about something it turns around to bite you in the ass. I woke up Wednesday morning so sick I thought I was dying. And that's not just me being dramatic! I couldn't sit up without getting dizzy, my throat burned so bad it felt like the devil himself was dancing on my tonsils, and my body ached. I imagine I looked a bit like this.

">


I was so ill I had to call my mom to drive me to the doctor, if that tells you anything. What it should tell you is that it doesn't matter how old you are, when you're sick as hell you just want your mommy to take care of you! I am not embarrassed to admit that all I wanted was to be taken care of. And I was. My mom made homemade chicken noodle soup,my dad delivered it, and Ryan made sure I took my medicine (because I am the world's worst about that)and bless his heart, he woke up in the middle of the night when I had the chills so bad I was shaking the bed and helped me get bundled up in fleece pants, a jacket, and two blankets. My kiddos made sure I always had a popsicle in my hand and my in-laws took over the school drop off and pick ups for me. In short, I felt like total shit, but I felt incredibly loved. I didn't even mind that no one sang "Soft Kitty" to me.

">


And yes, I just now figured out how to insert GIFs into my posts and I love it!! I can do it because this is my blog and

">


And now I'm done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment