Monday, January 13, 2014

Time Has Bitchslapped Me Across The Face

Normally I don't feel anywhere close to my age. I have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy, the more inappropriate something is the funnier I find it. I don't look my age either. A co worker told me the other day when she first met me a year ago she thought I couldn't be more than 24 or 25.  That's a decent compliment considering my youngest sister is 22. But just like always I start thinking and all that happens is I mind fuck myself. This past weekend I started over thinking and I felt as old as the crypt keeper.

In March I will be 36 years old. I met Ryan when I was 18 so this means we have been together exactly half my life. In 2 years I will have been out of high school for 20 years. 20 freaking years?!?!?! No, I flat refuse to believe it and to prove it to myself I am going to do a round off back handspring like I used to do when I was a cheerleader. Please be ready to call 911 because I have much more ass now than I did back then and it won't be as easy to make it flip over my head. The sad thing is if I even tried to do a cartwheel I would be sore for days. And it would probably make me pee a little. That's another story. Then the doozy hit me.

When my mom was the age I am now, I was 20 years old. Holy fucking shit I could have a 20 year old!!! It's as if I never realized just how young my mom is until I broke it down like that. And it made me feel ancient. Let's add to it that I took a 2 hour nap on Sunday and was ready to go to bed for the night at 6:30 and you might as well make me a reservation at the old folks home and pack me some Depends.

As time continues to bitch slap me I will continue to slather on the Oil of Olay along with my acne cream. ( Those two things shouldn't be in the same sentence.) My mind might try to tell me I'm old, but I'm damn sure not going to look it!

No comments:

Post a Comment