Monday, January 27, 2014

Sit Back and Enjoy the Ride...Yeah Right!!

A wonderful thing has happened. Thanks to my dear friend Megan (Megan, if you're reading this, MUAH!! Thanks again! Love ya!) I am now a paid writer. Yep, I am finally getting a chance to do what I've always dreamed of and I am a contributing writer to the lifestyle section of a website. I'm not going to name names here because I want to keep this and my lack of filter separate from certain things. But I have to tell you.

I am absolutely scared shitless.

I know I can write. It is one thing I'm certain of. But there is something really scary about getting what you've always wanted. What if you're not as good as you think you are? What if you're not cut out to do what you've believed has been your calling since you were old enough to put your thoughts down on paper? What if *GASP* I'm not as funny as I think I am?? That would fuck with my whole existence!

The good thing is for this particular job I'm writing news pieces so my weirdo sense of humor doesn't come into play. But that's also the bad thing. I'm outside of my comfort zone and for a girl who still has her beloved security blanket that is as old as she is, this can be terrifying.

I hope that once I find my groove I'll relax a little and release the "oh shit" handle that I've been white knuckling since I was hired. Until then you can find me in the corner hiding under my blankie.

No comments:

Post a Comment